Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

"My name is Benjamin Button, and I was born under unusual circumstances. While, everyone else was agin', I was gettin' younger... all alone."


Went to check this out last night, what a great movie.. Kinda long but you dont even notice, its one of those movies that you almost don't want to end..Brad Pit is born with a disease where he ages backwards. When he's born his mother dies during labor and his Father abandons him on a doorstep. The movie follows his trials and tribulations, from birth to death. Its told from the POV of 'Daisy' as she's dying in a hospital bed during Katrina in New Orleans. Daisy is the character played by Cate Blanchett, who Pitt is in love with from the moment they met at a young age. This is def one of my favorite movies of 08. There's so many great quotes from this movie I couldnt remember, cant wait for it to come out on dvd. If you havent seen it already go check it out! Hit me up maybe i'll go again lol To anyone who's seen it, what is the relevence of hurricane katrina?


Some good quotes:

"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit… start whenever you want… you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

"we are defined by opportunities. even the ones we miss...."

1 comment:

Phella said...

Good recommendation sir. Went to check it after reading this..really good flick