Friday, November 28, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!


Decided Saturday night I was gonna slide out to Vegas for a couple days, get some stuff done, work from the macbook, chill out by the pool, drink mojitos, catch some shows etc etc you get the idea.. So I closed the bar Saturday at 2, ran to my apartment filled the louis bag with V necks, swimmin shorts, and sunblock and jumped in the charger. Hit a little traffic in the BX but nothin crazy enough to stop the wave.. So I run up in JFK get to gate 1 and hop on the plane.. Put the new Kanye on repeat, put my seatbelt on and start to zone out.. As we're in line to take off the plane starts moving then POW it sounds like we crash.. The TAIL FALLS OFF THE PLANE...wow, everyone starts spassin out, they tow us back to a gate, we evacuate the plane everyone back into the terminal and I retreat to the bar.. 6 hours later we take off.....VIIIIVA LAS VEGAS!


Checked out Chris Angels show... which was a mistake, what a snooze fest

Stayed at Treasure Island so the pool was extra wavey, it was around 80-85 everyday so I was prefect pool weather..Hit up this DOPE russian bar called RED SQUARE in Mandalay Bay

The bar is named after the most famous city square in Moscow, and arguably one of the most famous in the world. The decor inside was crazy, and the bar was made of ice.. They have a "vodka room" where if you buy a bottle you go into this special room, which is actually a cooler, and drink the bottle wearing a russian fur coat and hat because its 0 degrees inside..Big mistake lol I got TWISTED! and got a cold..

Ran into Chuck Zito, celebrity body guard/Actor/Former president of the hells angels...you might recognize him from the HBO series OZ.

But the highlight of this trip was watching Mr. Las Vegas aka Wayne Newton's show. Seeing him talk about the rat pack and sinatra from a round table drinking champagne 10 feet away made my year....


Danke Schoen - Wayne Newton

1 comment:

dondu7 said...

hi. what airline was that going to vegas? I' ll be sure not to take it! glad you had fun at waynes show! I'm what you call ''A WAYNIAC''. been going to his shows for 19 years!if you go to myspace and type in wnifc http;// it will bring you to my page and you'll see lots of mr. las vegas! if you have an account, send me a friends request. just say its from a fan of waynes, or else I won't approve it unless I know who it is. take care! thanks for sharing! donna